The job has expired.
Synexus offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance offerings, life and disability insurance offerings, 401K, paid time off, and various other benefits and discount programs!
Synexus is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are seeking a Laboratory Associate to join our site in Rockville, MD!
The Laboratory Associate collects blood samples from all subjects, processes samples to be shipped to outside laboratories and performs PBMC testing in the site laboratory. Collects blood samples in a manner appropriate to the age of the subject being served. Monitors laboratory supplies and laboratory kits and order as needed. Good communication skills required, both written and verbal.
- Prepare, process and ship laboratory samples to outside laboratories following IATA regulations.
- Perform PBMC sample processing and cryopreservation
- Verifies subject by reading subject identification.
- Maintains specimen integrity by using aseptic technique, following protocol procedures; observing isolation procedures.
- Tracks collected specimens by initialing, dating, and noting times of collection; maintaining daily tallies of collections performed as applicable
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances laboratory department by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Monitor inventory of laboratory supplies and laboratory kits and order as needed.
- Train laboratory technicians as required.
- Organize laboratory layout and facilitate in laboratory operations.
- Conduct clinical studies according to FDA regulations and guidelines.
- Protect the safety and welfare of the study subjects by ensuring that the study is conducted properly and in compliance with ICH/GCP and Optimal Research Standing Operating Procedures.
- Knowledgeable of the Sponsor’s protocol so that all study activities are completed correctly.
- Gain practical experience as a Research Assistant. Practical experience would include clinical research laboratory collection and processing as well as Completion of CRF or EDC entry from medical source records for the study accurately, completely and in a timely manner.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- 2-3 years of laboratory experience
- GLP/GCLP experience a plus
- Human PBMC processing experience or cell culturing a plus
- Certified laboratory technician preferred
- Experience with PBMC isolation and freezing is highly preferred
- Experience in clinical research would be helpful.
About The Company
Join Synexus as we expand and become an important part of a well-respected and growing company that believes the details of your career are every bit as critical as the work you do!
Synexus is the world’s largest site network, with more than 195 sites and 1,500 employees globally. We provide customers with access to more than 100 million patients in key clinical development markets including Europe and the United States. Synexus is the leader in outsourced trial management services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. We have completed over 2,500 clinical trials in our 20+ years and operate from over 80 site network locations across the US!