The job has expired.
Synexus offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance offerings, life and disability insurance offerings, 401K, paid time off, and various other benefits and discount programs!
Synexus is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are currently seeking a full time Phlebotomist for our Rockville, MD site!
- Accurately processes and sends lab specimens per protocol specifications;
- Perform basic lab procedures, such as: blood specimen collection, centrifuge operation, storing and shipping of lab specimens, accountability of specimens and notification of courier for specimen pick-up; and
- Utilizes universal precautions when in contact with possible contaminants, obtains and maintains certification for the handling of potential infectious fluids and maintains safety for self, patient and others around them;
- Completes point of care testing per protocol;
- Ensure that lab area meets all CLIA and OSHA requirements;
- Adheres to GCP, ICH, HIPAA, FDA Regulations and SOPs;
- Ensures study related reports and patient results are reviewed by the Research Coordinator and/or investigator in a timely manner;
- Performs necessary functions as approved by the Investigator and the Company after the completion of required training, for the conduct of clinical research;
- Maintains strict confidentiality of patient’s information at all times and adheres to HIPAA Guidelines; and
- May perform other duties not specifically listed in this job description as assigned by their immediate supervisor.
- Certified Medical Assistant, certified phlebotomist, or a BA/BS in a science related field and one or more years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, is required.
- Maintenance of certifications and applicable licenses. Completion of the organizations training and proficiency exams within 6 months of hire.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word) and Web applications;
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and follow through;
- Ability to type proficiently (35+ wpm);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work well independently as well as with co-workers, peers, supervisors and external customers;
- Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple tasks simultaneously with precision and adapt to changes in responsibilities and workloads;
- Must be professional, possess a high degree of urgency and self-motivation, and have a strong work ethic;
- Must possess a high degree of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality with patient, customer and company’s sensitive information.
About The Company
Join Synexus as we expand and become an important part of a well-respected and growing company that believes the details of your career are every bit as critical as the work you do!
Synexus is the world’s largest site network, with more than 195 sites and 1,500 employees globally. We provide customers with access to more than 100 million patients in key clinical development markets including Europe and the United States. Synexus is the leader in outsourced trial management services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. We have completed over 2,500 clinical trials in our 20+ years and operate from over 80 site network locations across the US!